ONLA Career Fair Official Rules & Regulations
When & Where:
The ONLA Career Fair will be held in conjunction with CENTS Marketplace on Friday, January 9, 2015, from 1:00- 2:00 p.m. for Student Walkthrough and 2:00- 3:30 p.m. for Career Fair (set-up is 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.). The Career Fair will take place at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Exhibitors are encouraged to bring display boards, brochures, job descriptions, business cards, etc. Booth spaces are limited: return this form by December 12, 2014 to ensure your spot.
The ONLA Career Fair is free to attend. Over 50 Green Industry businesses exhibited in 2014. Do not miss this rare opportunity!
In 2014, over 200 job seekers attended the ONLA Career Fair! Attendees are encouraged to bring resumes and dress in appropriate business attire. Attendees include students, recent graduates and industry professionals.
Official Rules & Regulations:
- The ONLA Career Fair is open to all companies who deal with any aspect of the horticulture industry. Registration for space is $50 for ONLA members and $100 for non-members. This fee MUST accompany the registration form. Any registrations received after the deadline are charged an additional $40.
- Each purchased space includes one 8’ x 30” unskirted table with one chair provided. A small number of tables with electricity may be available on a first-come, first-served basis (bring your own extension cords. Call the ONLA office for details.
- Pre-fabricated displays are permissible only if they do not encroach on neighboring displays.
- Job descriptions and company literature are recommended.
- The booth should be manned at all times. One of the purposes of this fair is to improve communication and understanding between students and the industry.
- Attendees are provided colored dots to wear on their name badges, identifying their interest in an internship, part-time, full-time, or seasonal employment. Attendees also receive a list of participating firms and contact persons, listing ONLY those firms who were registered prior to the December 12, 2014 deadline.
- Industry participants receive the following: a directory; company identification at their exhibit space; and access to over 200 attendees.
- Registration ends December 12, 2014. ONLA members will be given priority on booth space. If any space remains after this date, on-site registration will be accepted at the Career Fair Information Booth at CENTS and at the door prior to the event.
If you cannot attend the Career Fair, but would like to reach potential employees, mark the “NO” box on the registration form and complete the form as required (return to ONLA office by December 12, 2014). The information provided on the registration form is included in a directory of employers distributed to interested job seekers. Copies are also sent to the horticulture departments of The Ohio State University, The Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute, Clark State Community College, Owens Technical College, Columbus State Community College, Hocking College, Kent State University, Cincinnati Technical College, Cuyahoga Community College, and the University of Cincinnati. If you have questions, please contact the Ohio Nursery & Landscape Association at (614) 899-1195.
CLICK HERE TO EXHIBIT!